Saturday, March 28, 2020

A Quarantine Project: Harmony #8 — HELMSLEY

SO WE'RE ALL STILL STUCK INSIDE


Original harmonization: HELMSLEY

Forgive me, for I have sinned, and have written a Baroque tune with post-Romantic chromaticism (See previous post). As penance, I have adopted modalism and taken Voices United Hymn #25, "Lo, He Comes with Clouds Descending," to the tune Helmsley, in Renaissance modality.

Eh, kind of.

There are here no accidentals, and the only tonality required is the final cadence. Because I wanted a challenge, and limiting one's self to seven of the twelve available notes and somewhat awkward voice-leading is a challenge for me.

So here's all that stuff I did. Link to a PDF in the caption.

Lo, here links a file for download...

Anyway, skip forward a bit, and next up is Voices United #28, Neander.
See you then.




Creative Commons License
This harmonization by Mike Cutler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment