Friday, April 1, 2016

Voluntary in A Major - Dance!

If you want a PDF, here it is!

No April Fool's joke here. Because this post is going to exist tomorrow and the next day and for years after that. And because I'm half-deaf and grouchy and my ear hurts.

So this is a minuet. And why not? It's written almost entirely in hemiola - and, again, why not? - to enhance the fun, dancing character as much as possible. The harmonies are fairly conventional and consonant; I wasn't feeling all that experimental this week, what with the ear infection. Just like it's hard for me to think about what I want to write here.

It's time for some painkillers. Also some end-of-post stuff. I'm going back to bed.


Creative Commons License
Voluntary in A Major by Mike Cutler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.


Your donations can help me keep writing these! Click to feed a composer!

No comments:

Post a Comment