Friday, March 4, 2016

Voluntary in B Major - A little look back



After last week's rapid-fire fiasco, I decided to look a little bit backwards. My compositional roots are in game music - not that I've ever had any used in a game - so I thought it would be time to reexamine some of the techniques and constructions I used to use to write one of my voluntaries.

Musically and tonally, this feels like "village" music, calm and quiet, a break from the adventure, although not without some tension, both in the overarching structure and in some of the more dissonant harmonies. I could easily hear this on an endless loop fading into the background while wandering about the countryside conversing with the peasantry looks for the next hint.

Regardless. End stuff!


Creative Commons License
Volountary in B Major by Mike Cutler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.


Your donations can help me keep writing these! Click to feed a composer!

No comments:

Post a Comment