Friday, March 25, 2016

Voluntary in C-sharp Minor - I'm not really sure what this is

PDF hither!


I'm... really not entirely convinced of this. Mostly because I don't really know what exactly this is. I mean, it's sort of an ostinato, almost, which slowly slides up. And it's kind of polytonal... polytonalish, I suppose, in a couple spots. I'm not sure what it means, but I like it. I'm just not entirely certain as to what my composition process hath wrought in this particular case.

This is definitely a solid moderato. It shouldn't feel fast (or slow, for that matter), nor, I think, should it be loud (or too quiet). There's not a lot of need to make registration changes; the piece has a written-in crescendo as the texture thickens with each iteration. This feels like it's neither fish nor fowl, which I suppose means that it's ... beef? I'm not great with metaphor.

At any rate, we're nearing the end of my second set of 24 short organ works. I'm starting to think about what I might like to do for a third set. Suggestions gleefully considered. Suggestions with money attached even more gleefully considered... Hint hint.

Speaking of hints! Copyright info and also donation button!


Creative Commons License
Voluntary in C-sharp Minor by Mike Cutler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.


Your donations can help me keep writing these! Click to feed a composer!

No comments:

Post a Comment