Friday, January 29, 2016

Voluntary in F Minor - Diminuet




So a friend of mine challenged me when I was struggling for ideas - write a minuet, use "a lot" of diminshed chords. I took the idea and ran with it, primarily using diminshed (and extended) harmonies and drawing the melodies from that. I like my short works to have some variety in them, and I'm trying not to replicate ideas too closely one to another - I admit that I was a bit twitchy having just written a piece in 3/4 two weeks ago!

Copyright and money request below:


Creative Commons License
Voluntary in F Minor by Mike Cutler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.


Your donations can help me keep writing these! Click to feed a composer!

No comments:

Post a Comment